..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

On the table tonight was....

Peas, Ham, and Potatoes Romanoff

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
500 ml sour cream
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
3-5 green onions, chopped
¼ cup margarine, melted
salt and pepper to taste
1 kg bag of frozen hash browns, thawed

2 cups crushed corn flakes, or bran flakes
¼ cup margarine,melted

Mix the first 7 ingredients together. Add the hash browns. Put into creased 9x13 inch pan. Combine the corn flakes and margarine, and then sprinkle it over the hash brown mixture evenly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

I had to make a good hardy meal for my DS after his 2 weeks of working nonstop out in BC. DS works with my brother installing and refinishing hardwood floors. I picked them up late last night... DS is happy to be home, and looks forward to his first weekend off in 3 weeks.

And ..... as promised, a couple more WIP from our retreat!

On the left is J's quilt she made for her little girl. J is a new quilter, and is learning lots! You should see what she is making now!!!


On the right is K's quilt! It is made of flannels if I recall correctly, it is quilted now, and on her bed. The photo does not do justice to the vibrant colors she used!



And ... as at any quilting
retreat (my children say, "Mom's going to quilt camp again!") there is hard work, good food, good company, and lots of jokes and play!!! .... With our group anyway! 8-)






And what a way to end the best quilt
retreat weekend ever!! The ladies surprized DD#1 and I with a yummy "thank-you cake"!



What I got done today? Can you believe it!!! I worked on the Anniversary Quilt!!! Yup! I sure did!!!

Well, I guess that about sums things up for today... Lets see how far I get tomorrow!

No comments: