..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Friday, June 27, 2008

A rainiy afternoon in Winnipeg...

The thunderstorms, wind, and rain came mid afternoon today. There are still tornado warnings on the weather channel since about 4pm, for most of southern Manitoba. That includes Winnipeg and surrounding areas.... I don't like all the climate changes. We rarely had to worry about tornadoes up here. Now it seems the last 3 years it has become a big concern all through the spring and summer months.

While I was gone all day yesterday a few things happened.
DH got a speeding ticket...again! That is 3 in two years! And he tells me he drives like an o
ld grandpa...RIGHT!
DD#2 picked up her Australian and area money for her trip. Very colorful isn't it? She leaves in about 9-days for a month!!! I surely will miss her.
DS paid off his truck! Finally! Yahoo! Time to party! 8-)
And I haven't heard from DD#1 for a while as she is gearing up for the start of training her Camp Counselors next week, and starting summer camps. Her busy time of year...while the rest of us sit back a bit more for the summer...this is a b&w photo of the retreat house where DD#1 works.

So, getting back to the Wonky Bit's outing yesterday....The Quilt Show was at the Lake of the Woods Museum. A lovely building with a beautiful flowery entrance. Three of our gals in the photo discussing the thought of going to the Blue Heron Gift Shop next... We did tootle on down there for a bit. It was terribly hot and humid in there... It was a quick look for all of us...

The Quilt Show, was a lot smaller than we had experienced before, but still the quality showed in the workmanship on the quilts that were there...

This quilt was a favorite of the gals in my group.
Then there were 3 different quilted jackets....
A lovely table topper....
And this photo was taken in one of the shops. Made from a Geisha Girl panel, but beautifully quilted. Too bad they were sold out of these panels, I think a few of us would have bought.
This is a Log Cabin restaurant that we visited for a lovely dinner before our trip back home... The food was delicious!!
I had visited this restaurant before with my DH and another couple, good friends of ours, and before entering the restaurant we sat in the car for about 20 minutes watching a black bear having a grand ol' time eating grease out of their grease waste bin out back by the parking lot.....

I shall post a few more quilt show photos tomorrow....
Are you all starting to think that I am not working on something myself? Well you would be right! I gotta get back at it! The sewing will not get done on it's own!!!

5 comments:

Gina said...

that table topper is gorgeous and an unusual shape as well.

love and hugs xxx

Joyce said...

The white quilted jacket looks amazing, although I wouldn't want to try to keep it clean if it were mine. Lol.

Karen said...

The art quilt with the vases and pots is a very creative piece. I can understand why you all liked. The quilting on the white (I can't tell if it is cream or white) jacket is exquisite. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Lilly said...

Sounds like you had a great day at your get-together. The white jacket is really impressive. I would love to have one like it. All my sisters would be so jealous!
Sorry to hear you hubby got caught speeding....again! I must confess that speeding is something I do all the time. If I were a young kid in a sports car, instead of a grandma in an old buick sedan, I couldn't afford to pay all the tickets I would surely get. LOL.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

My first comment and it's for you Myra! Don't you feel honoured? Just
checking that I can comment properly!
QGB