..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Monday, July 21, 2008

And it continues....

Pop on over to my friend's blog to see her latest WIP! She has a lovely photo of it so far! I just love the fabrics she is using!

Myself, I am not working on anything....like I have given up! I went into my sewing room twice on Saturday to "Get to it!" on the Anniversary Quilt. I want to get it done!!! And I ended up walking out of there frustrated and ticked off twice also! I am starting to think that this free-motion stuff is not for me! Don't know if it "IS" me or Pfaffy!

My friend K suggested I move on to something else for a while... I suppose I should. Better than doing nothing.... And friend C suggested I go to where I bought Pfaffy and work on it there, that way I can be shown if I am doing something wrong machine-wise.... Another good suggestion... Perhaps I should...

Big sigh....

I received an email with some really cool photos. Here are 2 of them and the write up about it...
Volcanic Eruption Meets Lightning Storm
Two of nature's most spectacular forces produced an incredible brew in the skies of Chile as a volcanic eruption met a lightning storm. Tons of dust and ash from the eruption of the Chaitén volcano poured into the night sky just as an electric storm passed overhead. The resulting collision created a spectacular sight as lightning flickered around the dust cloud amid the orange glow of the volcano. The eruption was all the more spectacular because the Chaitén volcano,800 miles (1,290km)south of Santiago, has been dormant for hundreds - if not thousands - of years. The Patagonian volcano began erupting on Friday and the high plume has left vast tracts of land coated with a layer of ash.

Hey! At least I posted something to look at! 8-)
And to all of you...

9 comments:

Donna said...

free motion quilting is a skill -- you and phaffy can learn it, but it does take time... I made many a fabric postcard (I loved the size while I was learning) and am still far from skilled. I don't think I'd tavkle a large quilt -- to awkquard to maneuver for me...

Cathi said...

I'm really interested to hear what you find out/learn about free motion quilting. I don't think it's the Pfaff as a few of my friends who have Pfaff sewing machines do wonderful free motion quilting. I can't master it at all -- and have pretty well given up. If straight line quilting won't work, then I have to hand quilt!
Thanks for sharing those pictures. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Myra, I agree with both K and C.Maybe work on something else and see how Pfaffy performs.If it's good then go back to what was giving you trouble and see if the gremlins have disappeared.If those nasty gremlins reappear then go back to the store for some professional help.There's too much quilting out there to do,you've got to get going again.
Thinking of you---Wonky Phyl

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I concur with what wise wonky Phyl has suggested....and new skills take practice! You'll get through this. Love the pics you posted too....QGB

Ritobear said...

I agree! Work on something else for a while. I've done *some* free motion quilting... I find that if I just approach it with the attitude of 'I don't care' it turns out better hahahahaha

Thanks for the awesome pics! HUGS!!

Bugsy said...

Sorry to hear about your quilting frustration. Free motion quilting can be a bit difficult at first.

One key thing is to remember to breath and relax!
Other things: feeddogs down, try a free motion slider (it helps the quilt to slide), gloves to wear (helps to grip the quilt).

A glass of wine, or martini - my fav - can help with the relaxing. Or good music. Or both!

Love the pictures. Way cool!

Anonymous said...

M - I am honored you used my email pics, yes, they were way cool-
And I love that you update us on DD#2's travels etc, as I worry about her and am glad she is safe. But of interest to you guys might be that on page A10 of Sunday's Free Press is the exact picture of the Pope kissing that baby out of the crowd! Tried to see if I could see her but only arms are showing. I'll still save it for you though.
Sandibee

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are fantastic! I love storms so this was a double bonus. DD#2 was so blessed to be that close. That baby was surely meant to be there. Peace, :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello I am new to this blogging thing:) My dear friend Jen from the Olde Town Quiltery will be leaving our community soon so I am going to set up my own blog so we can stay in touch. I love your quilts and your helper. I too have a helper 5# Pomeranian. I love your x bags and was wondering where you got the pattern from I'd love to make one for my upcoming vacation to Hawaii.