..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Sunday, August 31, 2008

BBQ and quilt presentation...

We had a really nice meal and visit with T(bro) and L(s-i-l). They spoiled us with flowers and wine, and we sent them home with their quilt and a curtain rod to display it on. I do believe they like my gift to them! 8-) I received nice complements from them, and was told that the colors would go nice in their place... I knew they would. 8-) I even got a big hug from T... that doesn't happen very often. That was nice... T does a lot of woodworking, so he knows the time and effort that goes into making handmade items, so he is very appreciative.
L helped me out a lot tonight with one of my frustrations. I was telling her how I get my photos onto my comp. (go downstairs to DS's comp, insert memory card and save to his comp, email chosen photos from his comp to mine comp upstairs, go back upstairs and proceed with email, photo sizing, and blogging...pain in the butt) L was telling me about a cord that can connect to our comp and my camera to load the photos directly onto my comp... After bringing out my box of camera accessories we found THAT cord... and the Kodak software (that I thought my comp was tooooo old for), and L proceeded to "take care" of that frustration on mine. I am happy to say, the photos on this post tonight, or morning by now, was loaded directly from my camera onto MY computer!!! Woohoo! Thank you L!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! 8-)
Dishwasher is on, and I'm off to bed now...

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm glad they liked the quilt, although I knew they would. It's sure nice to have a tech person in the family. We have several and call on them regularly.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Yay! They loved their quilt! Enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling of satisfaction of a job well job Myra!