..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday doings....

The morning took us to breakfast at Salisbury House and a home visit to our old neighbors. Old not meaning their age, but that we had been past neighbors back in Oakbank, which is 15 minutes from Winnipeg. They moved back to Winnipeg about a year before us, and we are in walking distance of each other now. We had been neighbors for 16 years. Our children grew up together, we faced many challenges together, and now their oldest is getting married later this month. Years have flown by so very fast since our initial introductions...

Once back home, and after a walk with the fur girls, my parents dropped by for a visit, and true to their form, the fur girls kept my father well entertained with their antics! 8-) Later this week my parents will celebrate their 49th wedding anniversary. I think a family dinner out will be in order.... 8-)

The evening was a laid back one watching TV....


And, as every post needs a photo, here is another photo complements of my cousin LiaL. Isn't this one awesome!?!
If I am not mistaken, these are 2 baby hawks...or eagles... Lia, can you clarify this for us?

I hope everyone had a good long weekend!

Myra

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would they be Falcons? Great picture of them!

Joyce said...

That sounds like my kind of Sunday, relaxed and with old friends. We spent the afternoon installing a new dishwasher. Not nearly so relaxing. Lol.

LiaL said...

They are two young red-tailed hawks. I have been away and have not checked on them for two weeks. They probably won't pose for me anymore.

Ritobear said...

Great photo! Congratulations to your parents on their anniversary!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Your cousin Lia takes the most amazing photos...she could compile a book of photos and be rich! BTW it's always nice to catch up with friends you haven't seen in a while. QGB