..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Saturday, October 4, 2008

200th Post, can you believe it!?

....and this post doesn't even remotely have anything to do with sewing or quilting today!

It was a work-work day... for DH, and a day of procrastination for me!

DH is redoing the bricked sidewalk here. He made it a bit wider, as it was a bit narrow for our liking. Plus, he dug out the weed infested flower bed that was under the living-room window. That's right! We've planted nothing in the beds around here
yet. The Previous owners had nothing in the many flowerbeds, and we've left them all summer till we figured out what we wanted to do with the front yard, plus hubby did lots of work in the backyard during the summer. So, now that we have a plan, DH is doing first things first! Is there any other way? 8-) He is putting the bricks all the way up to the house (thus the dug out flower bed that was there) at the front window, making sure it slopes away from the house... We've had a bit of water in the basement when it has rained hard, so we...?... "he" is making sure there is good run off from the house.... Hard worker that hubby of mine... 8-)

As for me today, sometimes I have so many things in my head of what I have to do, that I can overwhelm myself so much so, that I end up procrastinating...sometimes for days... Today though, I am not feeling good, and I am
going with that too.... 8-) Seems my son's girlfriend (on antibiotics) left some nasty bugs around here... Stupid me, I didn't even think about going over the likely surfaces with a Lysol Disinfectant Wipe earlier in the week! You know? Doorhandles, light-switches, the toilet flush handle (et whole toilet), bathroom taps, anything like that, that she would have touched.... I usually think to do that when one of our family is sick, and it has worked for me, cause I can get sick at the drop of a hat! Now I can only hope that I have caught my bug in time with my Echinasea and Acidophilus, so I am not full blown need antibiotics sick.... And today I have gone around with the Lysol Wipes... better late than never! 8-)

Lastly, my fur-girls were hard at work chewing their rawhide sticks... Can be a messy thing with baby Ruby...








Till tomorrows giveaway draw and post....



6 comments:

Bugsy said...

Congrats on the 200th post!
The walkway is looking good.

I too get overwhelmed with things I have to do and then procrastinate. I then try to do one thing and that usually gets me going, but some days that just doesn't happen!

Hope you get to feeling better.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Get lots of rest and take Vitamin C and the herbs will help. Also honey will not let those nasty germs live in your throat so... drink tea with honey. It's all too easy to feel overwhelmed especially when you're not 100%.
Congratulations on 200 posts. You go girl!! and hope you feel better soon

Brenda said...

Wow! 200 posts. That is pretty neat. Your husband is certainly making some good progress, and it looks really nice what he has done. I used to wipe all the same things down as you, all the knobs where everyone touches. I am not as good at that as I used to be. I hope you will not get sick Myra! Happy Sunday to you!

Joyce said...

When your husband is done you can send him on over here! Lol.

Julia said...

Your hubby is doing a great job there...
Isn't it funny how one job always leads to another and so it goes on..
Hope your feeling better soon, the flu bug is doing the rounds here too..
Hugs

Linda said...

Congratulations on 200 posts!
Looks like DH is doing a good job! Get plenty of rest & remember to take your antibiotic on time! (<- I have a horrid time remembering! lol) We keep Purel Hand Sanitizer in spots around the house during the fall/winter months to help keep the germs away as Middle daughter Jess & I have low immune systems. Good luck kicking it!
The Furgirls are adorable as always! :)
Congratulations on winning the "Love your ugly mug award"!! :)
(http://thebitchystitcher.blogspot.com/)
Linda