..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Thursday, January 29, 2009

A quilty evening...

It was a small group at our quilt gathering tonight. Not much show & tell, but we sure had a good look at Kh's (QGB) Blizzard Bunch quilt top!!! She did a wonderful job of it, and the fabrics are gorgeous! Way to go Kh!!! 8-)







After my fur-girls did a good inspection of my little table topper, I was able to take a photo of just it!!! They are always butting into my business!!! lol!

I took this table topper to our gathering tonight to see if they felt I needed to do any more quilting on it, and to see how I was to tackle the invisible thread tails. The consensus was, that it needed no more quilting, bind it, and call it a day. And since I did a few .5 stitches at the beginnings and ends of my quilting, that I could just snip off the tails... All sounds darn good to me!! Thanks ladies! Now to quickly get it done for the Challenge finish for January... 8-)
We were all doing some hand work tonight. No sewing machines!! Wow! Very rare...
Personally, I worked on my hexagons again, stitcheries were being done as was applique... We are all getting excited about our February Quilt Retreat in 1 month, and also working towards our May Retreat. A few of us are even attending a retreat in March, that is a couple of hours west of the city in the middle of no where... Fun stuff! 8-)

This next photo (snapped quickly while sitting at a red light today) is a snow sculpture dedicated to the memory of Debby the polar bear. She was at our city zoo since I was about 7, and she died at the ripe old age of 42 this past November... Awesome snow sculpture... Very tall!!! Too bad I could get a photo of her from the front... 8-)
We saw the sculpture on the way home from my mom's appointment at the doctors today. The doc gave us the news that it is time for Mom to put her name on the waiting list for a knee replacement. Her decision though of course... Waiting list time is 9 to 12 months... I said to her that she would do anything to get out of Christmas! LOL! We usually have Christmas here anyway... 8-)

That be it for today! 8-)

7 comments:

Gina said...

I'm glad you decided to leave the topper as it is.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Joyce said...

It sounds like you belong to the perfect group if they tell you to just snip the threads! Lol.
Where is the snow sculpture? It's huge!

Lilly said...

Great pictures of your dogs, Myra. I guess they are giving it thier seal of approval! It shouldn't take long to put the binding on, so I am sure it will be a January finish. Love the pic of the polar bear sculpture. Sorry to hear that your mom will need surgery. And she will have almost a year to worry about having it done. Poor thing! Have a great day....Lilly

Madi said...

WOW! love the snow!!! its been years since I have seen that much..
thanks for stoping by my little pug world.. I love your photos of yours!

Unknown said...

What would we do if we didn´t have our fur friends to inspect our job? The ice sculpture is great.

Brenda said...

Wow, you have had so many posts since I visited you I don't know which ones to leave comments at. You have been really busy and getting some pretty projects done I see. Trying to cook for two is really hard. I rarely like leftovers and hate to waste money. I wish we could go out to eat every night, but it is just not going to happen. Grilled cheese and tomato soup, many nights.

Winifred said...

That snow bear is gorgeous. I like the photo taken from the side.

Cats & quilts! In fact cats and anything you're doing. Mine like nothing better than to walk backwards and forwards across the laptop as I'm typing.