..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wonky Bits Show & Tell...

Our group had a wonderful Pot-Luck lunch today... I didn't even have room for supper tonight... which is not a bad thing... 8-)

This "Butterfly" quilt top is Pd's Disappearing 9-Patch. She put a lovely boarder on, with mitered corners too yet! Nice job Pd! Looks great! 8-)
This wonderful quilt is Lp's "Country Sampler". This is the product of a quilt class we took together. Actually where we first met, about 4 years ago... She is finishing up on her applique in the boarder... Looking good Lp! 8-) For color comparison, you can see mine in this past post...
This little darling of a wall-quilt was made by Cd, for her daughter Dd's grade 4 classroom door, for the month of February, ( Edit: in recognition of Heart & Stroke month... The quilt, "Healthy Hearts with Hart, Haart, & Harte" - all girls... ) All that needs doing is the binding yet... Too darn cute Cd! 8-)
This is Jm's front door leather bench topper. Her cats have taken a liking to the bench and she hopes that this topper will protect the leather some from their claws... Click on the photo to see the fun fabrics she has in there... Fun stuff Jm! 8-)
This is Dd's quilt that she is finishing up with the binding. The quilt is for her brother. Disappearing 9-Patch, thought it does not show it clearly...like it is in disguise or something... Nice job Dd!!! 8-)
And finally, a sneak photo of what I worked on today. I sandwiched 2 quilts that have been waiting a very long time to be finished. Spray basted, and stitched basted on the edges... The top one is my Country Sampler. Check here for basting story of it's past... The bottom one is my Sunflower quilt (photo in sidebar). It feels so good to have them basted and ready for quilting... That will be then next battle! lol! Pg says she wants to see one done in 2 weeks... Yikes!!! We shall see what we can do here Pg... 8-)
I also worked some on my hexagons again... 8-)

The temp around here for the last few days had warmed up to -6C to -9C, with very little wind-chill. During the day today, we had some fog earlier, then freezing rain, which has made the roadways some scary on the way home, and now the temp is starting to drop again and the wind-chill is picking up... It is10pm here now, -13C, feels like -24C with wind-chill... brrrrrrrrr.........

That be it for this Wonky Bits day! 8-)

12 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

What a wonderful quilt show. You and your friends are very talented. I really like your sunflower quilt.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Sounds like a good day at WB. You didn't mention what you all ate for your potluck lunch though! LOL!

Loved all the show and tell. Both of them are going to look great once quilted. That's the sunflower one you were working on at the retreat in Feb/08, right?

Gina said...

Love the show and tell

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing...Your Country Sampler's are lovely! Great work! Cathy

Lurline said...

Me, too! Looking forward to seeing your Sunflower Quilt finished!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Unknown said...

It is very cold at your place, brrrr. Thanks for the show and tell.

Winifred said...

There are some really lovely projects here. Nice that you have such talented friends.

I love your first and the fact that you put it away makes me realise I'm not alone in putting things off. I thought I was the only one so thanks for making me feel better.

Hope it keeps getting warmer for you, well the days are getting longer, slowly!

Anonymous said...

I made the same sampler, in fact, it was the first class I ever took. Mine is more autumn colors. I love what colors do to a quilt. Your's is more rose colored (or at least that is what I see) whereas this one is more blue colored. Both are great.

Lilly said...

Very nice show and tell, Myra. I can always count on you for a lot of great pictures. I can't believe how much you get accomplished. The quilts you have ready to quilt look so pretty. Let us see them when they are finished. Hope your weather warms up soon. TTFN..Lilly

Millie said...

Thanks for the show and tell. I love all your quilts.

Finn said...

Morning Myra, what a lovely quilt show that was! I love each and every one and I keep thinking that "someday" I've GOT to make that Disappering 9 patch!
Congrats on more finishes!!! Stay warm! Hugs, Finn

Brenda said...

I Love the sampler! Someday I want to do one.