..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sunny Saturday...

Here is the only show and tell from our Wednesday night gathering... Pattern "Rosebud Lane" by Arlene Stamper and Melissa Harris - The Quilt Company... Dk made it during a BOM a while back. She was hand-sewing the binding down that night... Isn't it lovely!?! 8-)
And here is another peek at the Gazebo Stitchery... It seems to be more slow going than I had expected... Just about done and ready to show though... 8-)

DH and I went to a wedding social for his cousin's daughter last night. (and shock of all shocks my DH actually danced with me!!! A few times! Yahoo!) It was great seeing his side of the family again. Since we lost DH's parents we haven't see too much of his extended family... It will be even nicer when we see them all at "the wedding" in September... 8-)

Off to do some more stitching...

Later...

15 comments:

Dolores said...

Very nice quilt and I like the peeks of your stitchery too. It's too bad that weddings and funerals are sometimes the only time you see extended family members. We are lucky though. My husband's side is huge and we have a reunion once a year at Woodbine Racetrack. Social gathering, food and horses too.

Pat said...

That house quilt sure is pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing your completed stitchery, too. Nice that you had fun at the social and your DH danced....mine doesn't and he is also in a band (music from the 40's through the 80's) so many times I'm at events while he's playing, so I have nobody to dance with anyway...and I enjoy dancing. :(

Millie said...

Myra, I so agree with you...what a loveley quilt with a lot of handwork in it.

Donna said...

love the kitty in your new header! :-)

Karen said...

I'd like that quilt to be hanging in my house!

Brenda said...

Oh that show and tell quilt is really nice! And I see you put the picture up for your profile. Love it! The dancing sounded fun. We only slow dance at the rare times we are somewhere to do that.

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

Love all those different houses! Husbands do surprise us sometimes don't they?

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh, I *love* the Rosebud Lane quilt!! Your stitchery is coming along well - can you hold it up for a photo next time so I can see it better? ;-)

Lilly said...

The quilt is indeed lovely. I can't wait to see your finished stitchery of the gazebo. Aren't you the talented one to draw your own design!!! I like the new header. A change now and then is fun.

Winifred said...

Oh my you seem to do so much. I'm amazed.

Isn't it nice catching up with extended family again. It happened with my husband's family too. Went to a niece's wedding last summer and hopefully we'll see a few of them again this summer.

Doina said...

That is a gorgeous quilt!

Anonymous said...

Rosebud Lane - quite the beauty. Looks like lots of work.

Faith said...

Wow I love the house quilt, thankyou for showing this, it has given me some ideas, Im really pleased that the bridge photo has given you some ideas and will help others. I will try and remember so post more pictures, Im always afraid of boring everyone on the same subject.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Hi Myra!~ Beautiful quilt! And your little stitchery is going to be so cute! :-) Have fun!

Dorothy said...

The quilt is lovely, Myra. The border treatment is very effective.
Can't wait to see your Gazebo stitchery!