..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Thursday, April 23, 2009

What a happy find! 8-)

I dropped by my parent's last night to pick up the "family" photo albums that I haven't looked through for decades!!! I plan to make a slide show of photos to show at their 50th anniversary this coming August. I was so enjoying looking through a bunch of the albums when I came across this photo. I didn't even know such a photo existed! Little Myra with her ringlets and little pink sewing machine!!! 8-) I think I would have been about 5 or 6 years old at the time... Happy! Happy! 8-)

I think I was making holes in paper there... Crank sewing... lol! [Edit: Oh my gosh! I just noticed my little white and red swing basket/box sitting on the table beside me! I still have it! I never realized I've had it since that long ago! I mean, I know I got it as a kid, but that is like...?... 44 years ago now!!!] Anyone recognize that black tube box on the table beside me? We used to keep our little plastic building blocks in it...

Oh boy do I have some catching up to do! I've been out and about, and busy with my stitchery this week! I haven't had time to check in on my blogging friends! Tomorrow morning I'll finally have some time! 8-)

I don't have much show and tell from the last 2 days, but a bit...

Pg's minitures...
...and her Mile-a-Minute fun...
Kh (QGB), and friend Yn came out to our Wonky Bits group today. We always enjoy their rare visits! This is Kh's applique prepping she was doing today...
This is Jb's first experience with hand piecing (hexagons). I believe they are to be hot-pads...
And these 2 wonderful items are Yn's! I know what to ask for for Mother's Day or my Birthday now! Yes, yes, yes! 8-)










Back to my stitchings!

8 comments:

Pat said...

CUTE photo of you!!! Love the show & tell photos and my favorite photo is the one of the 2 mini's.

Joyce said...

I love the photo of you sewing. Some things never change. I wonder what you were sewing?

Anonymous said...

You DO look very cute and now you have proof that you were born a quilter. Nice show and tell and the bendable light looks very handy. Too bad i already had my birthday!

Anonymous said...

Look at the concentration on your face! I don't think you even knew a photo was being taken. LOL.
Love the miniatures. I'm always amazed where women get the patience to make these. When they're that small, there isn't much room for "fudging".

Lilly said...

Well, Myra, weren't you the cutest little thing! Love the curls. Thanks for sharing all of the photos. I really like the mini quilts.

Unknown said...

What a cute little girl on that photo :)

Brenda said...

So cute! And that was the beginning of your love for sewing. That would be a good avatar picture for your blog. Love the bendable bright light!

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

Great to find pictures like the one with you and your sewing machine. It goes to show; Practice makes perfect!