..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A few Sew & Tells...

It was a Wonky Bits day today!
This is Pg's latest finish. It is an Art to Heart pattern...
"Fall Festival" by Nancy Halvorsen
Such rich colors Pg!!! Love it! 8-)
This is Jb's work in progress. This quilt is being made for her son... Once she attaches the sides, top, and bottom pictured here, she has another boarder to add...
Looking great J!!! 8-)
Jb was busy hand-sewing the binding down on this adorable little Christmas table topper...after we figured out how best to lay the binding nicely with the least amount of bulk at those corners. Her pattern called for the binding to be attached in this manner... J says she won't be putting it on like this again...
Looking good J!! 8-)
Movies we rented on Thursday, for a 7 day stretch...Step-Bros was funny-stupid, and with way toooooo much swearing... Last-Ch-Harv was pretty good...
DS and I watched Inkheart on Friday together, and I watched it ag
ain with DH last night (he was gone camping over the weekend) ... I've heard it is a trilogy, so I am looking forward to that, and I think I will pick up the books at some point too... 8-)

I went to see DD2 right after WBs today. Brought her some jars of baby fruit and apple sauce to try and get down. We thought she had toncilitus (on antibiotics), but Doc called this morning to say blood work shows it is mono... OH great!!!
DD2 hasn't eat
en for 4 days now, and is only sucking on popsicles, ice-cubes, slurpies, and freezes... She has a busy weekend coming. A bridesmaid commitment...
I hope she fi
gures out when to avoid what she can, and rest, and doesn't faint at the altar!!! Hope those antibiotics kick in fast...
Her boss
told her that they don't want to see her at work until after the long weekend, which would be September 8th...

I raided DD2's DVD trunk and brought home a bag full to watch over then next few weeks... She has tons of them!!!! Wow!

Happy stitchings!
Myra

10 comments:

Jilly's Space said...

I am huge Nancy Halvorsen fan so I am loving the first finished project, just in time for fall...gorgeous!!
I hope your daughter feels better, no fun being sick :o( And have fun watching those movies. I don't watch alot of t.v. but love to watch movies..nice to have some binding or stitching to do while watching!! :-)

Brenda said...

I think you ment Sept 8th instead of August!! I hope she does get enough rest, but maybe not!!! I have never had mono, but my sister has - it does wipe you out.

Have you seen the movie "The Women" yet?? I enjoyed it. Inkheart, Ithink you'll like the books!! Ienjoyed the projects and have a great weekend!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Thanks for the peeks Myra!~ I love Fall Festival too! And the little table runner is so cute. :-) Sorry to read that your DD is sick! No fun at all and esp with a wedding coming up! :-/ I wish it were August 8th coming up! ;-)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Enjoy watching the movies! Too bad for DD2 :^( What about Mr. Rose?
Missed you last night too...

Michelle said...

Oh my, I home DD2 is feeling better soon. Hopefully she takes it easy this weekend and gets a lot of rest in. I have heard that mono can sure throw one for a loop. Wish her well!

Pat said...

Sorry your DD2 is sick and hope she is better soon. Loved your show-and-tell from your group (as always).

Gina said...

Love the show and tell.

I'm sending positive vibes for your DD. It's rotten whenyou have an infection in the throat

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Unknown said...

I hope your DD2 will recover soon, her boss is nice.

Brenda said...

Sorry to hear DD2 is sick. Hope she is better soon! I like your new blog look.

Ruth's Place said...

I hope your daughter feels better soon.