..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Games, new building, new mag...

How sad... A brand new year and I havent' even done any sewing, sorting, or organizing in my sewing room yet... Thus, no firm plans for what to do in the PhD department...
I do know that I will be working on the Hollyhocks soon enough to "get'er done!", as my friend Pg would say. She has already hinted that I get my plans together to start on a wedding quilt for DD2 and MrRose... Which "YES" I hope to do!
I asked DD2 today what colors/shades she would want in a quilt... Get ready for it... Safari/animal prints...
Well... (tounge in cheek) that will make a swell wedding quilt!!! LOL!!! At least it will go with the other Safari items she has in her room already... 8-)
Besides the big "engagement" announcement we had on New Year's Eve, we tried a new card came that uses these sticks... Called "Sticks"...
On the first round we already ran into problems as the instructions were none to clear, and our friends who had played it once or twice before were unsure of some rules, so we scrapped that idea.... I do want to see if we can figure it out at some point though...
Then we went on to play Yahtzee! That was good fun! I hadn't played that in a long while... 8-)

Lots of yummy snacks to fill us throughout the evening... and once DD2 and MrRose came in for their announcement the gaming was done for the evening...

Good company! A great time was had New Year's Eve... 8-)

We've lived in the city for 2 years now, and we still go out to our old small town for Mass once a month... On Saturday we had our first Mass in this building. It is an old church, sold and made into a funeral home...
We had been having our services in another faith's place of worship in a small town strip mall for about 2 years. It was a time for change... This is a nice building, more "church" like, and we hope it will serve us well for the next while till we build our parish community some more, and raise enough funds to build a Catholic Church in this town... God willing! 8-)
Today we had DD2, MrRose, and DS over for brunch. We learned a new game from Mr.Rose called "SETS". It was a fun game, one I know we will play again! Then the boys all went outside to work on DS's truck, and DD2 and I looked up wedding stuff on the internet...

DD1 gave me this magazine for Christmas... There is some nice projects in there to read up on and ponder...
Well, that be it from me today...
Just thought I should post something!!!
Tomorrow all goes back to normal. DH goes back to work, and I go back to laundry and the like, and hopefully get going on things in my sewing room!!!

Hope you all had a great weekend!
Happy stitchings!
Myra
PS: If anyone has clear instructions on how to play "Sticks", please do email them to me... if it is not too much trouble... I would surely appreciate it! 8-)
PPS: I managed for find what looks like great instructions online for the "Sticks" card game!

7 comments:

Diane said...

Never played sticks, but we went to my husband's brothers for new years eve and played Yatzee. We never played it before (which no one can believe) we own the game but never opened it. Ha.
Congrats to your DD2 and her guy. I always think wedding quilts should be lovely light creations, but better what the couple wants with all the work involved. It will be nice to be back to normal here tomorrow here too.

Brenda said...

I am glad things are going well for you. Games can be so much fun!! I love yatzee!!! Take care.

Brenda said...

I hope I read this right...your daughter is engaged? Congrats! Weddings are so much fun to plan for. I made our daughter a wedding ring king size quilt and have not made a quilt since then. That was 5 years ago. I hand quilted it and it took 3 years off and on. I would still like to quilt more in the centers because I was not completely happy with the over all look to it.
I hope your area will be able to get a church built soon. The building looks pretty small. Ours is getting ready to have a renovation because the roof leaks and other things...

Hazel said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun and great family time .I thought I had told you I spent 12 years in Thompson Manitoba ,my son was born there .I have no wish to return LOL .

Dolores said...

Well, congrats to your daughter on her engagement. She has loads of time to plan.

Joyce said...

If you like board games you should try Carcasonne. We played it at my daughter's place last year. The best thing was that her 4 yr old could play along with us. The worst part was the cost of the game itself. I was going to get one for the grandkids to play when they are here but it was too expensive for the amount of time they spend here.

Unknown said...

It doesn´t matter if you are in Canada or Iceland or somewhere else it is always fun to come together and play cards and games :)