..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Friday, January 15, 2010

Sew & Tell, Fur-Girls, PhD Update

Now, Wonky bits show & tell...
Because our CCC group has been preparing to do a Row by Row Robin project, Pg mentioned something she did in a Round Robin manner. Her jacket!!! She brought it to Wonky Bits to show... Awesome Pg! 8-)
Apparently there were 5 participants. Pg started with the back, her 5 pattern pieces cut out in muslin, and patchwork attached, and the other participants made each a sleeve and each a front panel. Awesome!!!
Then when all the pieces were complete they go back to the owner of the jackey, to be put together and finish it off... Something I'd like to take part in at some point! 8-)

Pg also brought this jacket to show us. This one was from a class she taught when she worked in a Quilt shop... The cat fabric was her feature fabric... This one is awesome too Pg! 8-)
Es was binding her Christmas table runner...
Looking good Es! 8-)
Jb! I forgot to get a photo of your pot-holders... Oops! Next time! 8-)

The Fur-Girls... Turns out that Dora's lump on her back is just a fat deposit that may get bigger, but nothing to worry about, and her nail clipping went really well...
Ruby's lump on her face is something that may get bigger, but should disappear on it's own, so no cancer. Yay!!! They did have to knock her right out to take the needled cell sample. They took advantage of that time to also give her face creases a good cleaning, and cut her nails. She was "stoned" for the remainder of the day, so we had to watch her closely, so she didn't do the stairs or jump up and down on things, but today she is her old spunky self! 8-)

I am just amazed at the amount of interest in my PhD Challenge I put out there! Wow! Thanks Ladies! 8-)
If I've missed listing anyone that expressed interest in taking part, please email me. I've been getting some confused as many of you lovely ladies are new to me... Patients please... LOL!
Remember, do let me know when you've completed a PhD project so that I can mark it off the list, and direct other bloggers to your blog...
All the power to you ladies!
Quilt on! 8-)

OK now! You've heard enough from me today!!!
Myra

5 comments:

Narelle said...

I'm so glad Ruby and Dora got good reports.
I tend to shop for the fabric foremost in my mind and not think of the end requirements, usually backing.

Joyce said...

Sounds like a busy day. Too bad you didn't get a picture of the whole family. Our last time all together was almost 6 years ago and it could be years before it happens again. Too bad one of them moved to Australia. Sigh.

Unknown said...

Busy day :) and as you say a lot of money spent.

Soggibottom said...

Really pleased about your dogs.

Lots of really clever things going on at wonky bits.

Sorry about the foot in mouth last time....
How was I to know that was the name?
x x x

Gina said...

I'm glad that there's nothing serious with your fur girls.

Love and hugs Gina xxx