..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The new year is coming...

I looked at the calendar today. What!?!
Christmas is less than 4 weeks away!?! Wow!
Time has flown by so fast for me this year...
Gee! Wonder why!?!
Surgery on my mother, DD1's Wed and all that goes with that, surgery on my father, DD2's Wed and all that goes with again... to name a few, cause there was lots more!!!
Whew... still breathing, still sane! Life's good! 8-)

Now, Christmas is coming...
I don't have to try to much to keep things low key for the up coming festive season, cause I've never been one for getting into all the fluff that goes along with it... Every year is like "It will be what it will be" and I don't stress too much... 8-)

Now, I have been thinking about hosting another PhD Challenge
this coming new year... (last PhD Challenge didn't go as planned)
So, when you have a breather in between all the season's festivities, perhaps you could think about joining me once again, and decide which "Projects half Done" items you might commit to finishing for yourself...
Too make room for all those new projects you've been thinking about, and wanting to make... 8-)

The challenge will run from January 1st to June 30th, 2011...
Perhaps a New Year's resolution...?

I'm aiming to get at least 6 done for myself during that time...
Join me? 8-)
Myra

PS: Feel free to put my PhD Challenge button on your sidebar with a link to this post. The more participants the merrier!!! 8-)

9 comments:

Brenda said...

You know I am in. this year I am going for the good ol' number of 4.
Yup, 4. I had those on my bed when I was going through my projects, so they might as well stay out and in view - and then done!!!!
Thanks Myra. this year will go better than last years PHD challange. I at least gave myself a realistic number to do this time!!

Dolores said...

I don't know what I am doing from one day to the next so there is no way I can commit to anything. I feel the same way you do about Christmas. If it gets done, fine, if not, then no problem. Less stress and more fun that way.

em's scrapbag said...

This was such a great motivator for me last year. Count me in again.

Soggibottom said...

Myra, I wouldn't have a clue as to what I should be doing if I joined :-) I'll look,watch and admire from afar :-) x x x

Finn said...

Hey Myra, I'm going to join your PhD challenge!! I've been thinking how much I'd like to "carry on" after the NYE UFO Challenge wraps up. Put me down for 6...I think I can finish up at least 6 that are half done, or less! Great idea! Hugs, Finn

Jeanne said...

Instead of swapping blocks next year, our little Bee that meets once a month has decided that 2011 will be a 'finish projects' year. This will work perfectly for your PhD challenge. Count me in!

Narelle said...

I'm in!
First will be my log cabin quilt that was supposed to be finished by June 2010. It needs to be on my bed!
Then I'll choose two of four projects in bits and pieces, and get them to a finished top stage if that's allowed?
So 3 for me thanks. :o)

Anonymous said...

I watched from afar last year, but will join this year. Only committing to three. My son's tshirt quilt(2 years old), hubbys hexagon lap quilt(one, pushing two years), and an eagle cross stitch(at least two years). If I should get more completed, a miracle for sure;-)

blessings,
jilly

Peggy said...

Okay, I'm in - not a lot of PhD's right now, but this may get me going a little sooner rather than later. How many you say? Well, 3 for a start. If I can figure it out, I'll put your button and a link on my blog!