..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Some Retreat Photos...

This past weekend's retreat was wonderful! Great weather, food, and company!!
What more could a gal want!?! 8-)

I can't show you what I worked on all weekend, but you will see it in time... I ended up with quite the sore back, so my plans to continue when home kind of fell through, but I'm feeling much better today!

Here I will show you what my friends that I quilt with each week were up to while we were at the retreat... You'll have to forgive my somewhat blurry photos. A lot of my photos didn't come out too good this year...
(the effects of me being very uncomfortable I think)

This is Ls' project. Just before Sew & Tell she was putting together her solid and keyboard borders... Just didn't have enough time to finish it all up...
Looks great Ls!!! 8-)
This is Cw's blend of a few different Halloween panels. The fabric used in between the blocks worked really well!
Looks good Cw!! 8-)
To the left is Dw's fabrics that she was strip piecing for her Disappearing 9-Patch which is still in progress...
Wonderful fabrics Dw! 8-)
To the right are the blocks that Jr was putting together. Love the fabrics!!! This is going to look awesome when put together!!! 8-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These are small Kamonos, that have a chop-stick through the arms to hang up on, that one group was making for a fundraiser for a Senior Movement Center here. They are approximately 6"x7" in size, and apparently selling really well! They are lovely! 8-)









Tomorrow I will post about the 2 demos we had there, and show you the Mystery Quilts that one lady was leading there for whoever was interested in playing along... They are wonderful! 8-)

For those that have inquired, my mother is doing excellent! She is done with her physio, and is now behind the wheel of her van again!!! Although she still has pain, she is a happy camper! 8-)
Thanks for asking! 8-)

Do check out this cute little video of a little duck and a puppy... Too cute!!! 8-)

Happy stitchings!
Myra

5 comments:

Hazel said...

The little Kamonos are cute, I did the same ones as a wall hanging for my son when he was in Asia .Hope your feeling better ,that often happens to me when I'm bent over my machine to long , now I set a timer so I remember to get up and stretch once in a while .

Needled Mom said...

It looks and sounds like you had a great time.

Dresden Quilter said...

Thanks for the show and tell. I hope your back is feeling better.

Brenda said...

Oh I love those kimonos. I love small things like that. And it is so great to hear about your Mom getting along better!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great projects! I made a little kimono for a friend one year and sent her the kimono and the pattern~ I should've made one for me, but didn't! ;-o It was fun to do. :-)