..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Saturday, July 24, 2010

A toxic mix...

I mixed a homemade solution to try to kill weeds today. I think the mix was fine until I put in some bleach for good measure. WOW! Talk about a breathing shock!!! That was about 45 minutes ago as I type this, and I'm still bothered by it... I think a mask may help next time, and hopefully the mixture will kill all that I put it on...

THE MIX
Salt
Vinegar
2 T. Liquid Dish Soap
recipe from friend Sd, she uses it all the time...
and my contribution of Bleach... Why? Don't ask... I think I will omit it next time and see how it goes... Whew!!!

This is the view of a cloud formation that we saw on our way to my parent's last night... It was awesome to see, but the photo doesn't do it justice!!
Mom needed a haircut from me, and then we played 2 games of Wizard... I lost twice, but I think I am hooked on that game!!! Fun stuff!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Myra

6 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Cool clouds Myra! I love cloud formations too!

I always use straight white vinegar on my weeds...kills them dead! If I spray on a breezy day, I end up smelling like a salad all day! The good thing about it is that I don't have to worry about the kids running through it and tracking it into the house or getting it into their mouths as it is just vinegar. It's cheap and effective and safe, except for the weeds!

MGM

Pat said...

Myra...Bleach cannot be mixed safely with vinegar. A toxic chlorine vapor results....and if you are in an unventilated area and breathe too much of it, it can be very harmful. Bleach should never be mixed with anything that is acidic (which, of course, vinegar is very acidic). Be sure to get a lot of fresh air to clear this out of your system. If you feel sick still, you might want to call a doctor.

Myra said...

I never respond here to my wonderful blogging commentators, cause I know no-one ever refers back once they've commented, but today's experience was so stupid on my part, that I felt I should for my other readers...

Mary Grace, I SHALL try just vinegar next time for sure!!! 8-)

Thanks Pat... Sometimes Myra just needs to learn these things THE HARD WAY... I shall never mix the 2 again!!! Feeling better now... Lesson learned... 8-)

Learn from my stupidity people!!! There is always one in a crowd... lol! 8-)

Julie said...

Plain old boiling hot water works OK too. Hope you are feeling OK.

Winona said...

Myra, I'm so glad you are feeling better. I pretty much leave bleach alone, because I always have trouble breathing when working around it. It is powerful stuff! Get some good air into your lungs. Winona

Pat said...

You weren't stupid......I am sure a lot of people don't realize you can't mix bleach with anything acidic (like vinegar).