..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Early Christmas Prezzies Perhaps?

 Like I need another pattern book or two, or fabric!!?!
But that is what made their way home with me today...
Should we have gone into Kathy's Fabric Shop in Carmen? 
No!!! But we did!!! 8-)
I am considering them early Christmas gifts to myself! 
Yup! That is my story, and I'm sticking to it!!! LOL! 8-)

Kathy had a couple of samples up in the shop that were made by the instructions in this book. It intrigued me, so what can I say... 
In my bag it went!
I should have taken a photo of Kathy's sample though...
 And then, oh my goodness, I spotted this book with the darling pattern I had seen one gal working on at the Carberry Retreat a while back... So, I felt it had to come home with me too... 
Not making any promises with this one... lol! 8-)
Kathy had some beautiful fabrics there, of course, but I thought "I won't be needing any new fabrics, as my first 6 months of the new year will be taken up with getting my PhDs done for my Challenge..."  Right....? Well...? This kept calling my name, 
and 4 meters come home with me... 8-)
Back to my lists for Christmas now, checking them twice, 
maybe even three times in my case!

Seasons Greetings Blogging Friends!!!

Myra

8 comments:

northernknitter said...

Well Myra, what can you expect with the kind of company you keep - bad influences all around :)! Looks like you had fun - love the fabric!

Brenda said...

that is some intreguing fabric you've got there (with that big spelling mistake, I should just go to bed!!!) I do like it though... now I want to see it live and in person, which just gets me into trouble!! Why do you think I have so many UFO'S?? I want to see what they look like done.... ahhhhhh, but I do like what your treated yourself to!! And I know you will be strong ol' fearless leader, and not start anything from these book with that fabric until (Jan 3rd at least!!) you have some headway done on the Ph'd's!!!
Merry Christmas to you and yours Myra!!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Good for you! I'm so glad you stopped at that shop. I made the Brandywine quilt for my new grandson. It turned out great and while time consuming, it was well worth the effort.

Narelle said...

Awww ... 'Critter Caboodle' is just so sweet.
Lovely purchases ... oops! ... I mean Christmas Gifts :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

great treasures Myra! I absolutely LOVE that fabric!

Joyce said...

Love that fabric! I may just have to pop over to Carman and get myself some...and maybe that Fracture book too. Hmmm..maybe I'd better stay home. It could get expensive.

Joanne said...

Thanks for telling us there is a fabric store in Carmen - do I hear "road trip"!
Cool fabric!!
Have a wonderful Christmas!♥

Tiffaney said...

I have that Critter Caboodle book too. There are a few other "critter" books out there. (I know since I have them too)

Merry Christmas!