..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Monday, April 11, 2011

Popping in...

 Still alive, but not spending much time in front of the computer at all lately, thus infrequent posting, and blog visiting/hopping... 8-(

The gals at my quilt group have been busy making scarves with this new  Frill Seeker acrylic yarn by Estelle... There is about 8 of us busy with it, in all different colors...

Here Jr is working with it...
 Halfway done...
My stop at the Yarn Shop got me these, 
and I've already finished one up! 
The blue one is for friend Barb...
My finished creation 
modeled for you...

On the quilting front, I went to Barb's Shop to rent the quilt frame set up again for another PhD project... Once we figured out some skipped stitches and thread breakage problems, 
it was smooth sailing... 8-)
I am hoping to finish up the binding on it at another quilt retreat this coming weekend... 8-)

Here, front and back of a "for Baby" 
Crochet Book I recently bought...
 
 I was looking for a book of simple baby knitting, but couldn't find what I liked... yet... and thought that I may be able to create a couple of these cute projects for my expected grand-baby... 8-)

Spring has definitely sprung here! The snow is almost all gone now, though it is still quite wet out when walking the fur-girls... 
We are also experiencing/expecting, more of our rivers to flood in our city/province, so sandbagging is in full swing. We ourselves will not be affected...

Hope you are all keeping well!

Myra

8 comments:

Tammy said...

VERY "kewl" scarves! Congrats on your quilt finish too, looks great!
The fur-girls perhaps need some boots?
Glad to see you in blogland again

Pat said...

Those scarves are interesting...that yarn almost looks like netting (the kind that is in the bath "puffs" that folks use in the shower)!

Hazel said...

Nice scarves ,thats going to be one spoiled grand baby LOL .Have fun every little one needs a grandma to spoil them .

QuiltNut Creations said...

love those scarves!!

Joanne said...

Love the scarf too.
Great quilting.
Looks like becoming a grandmother is lots of fun.♥

Dolores said...

Gorgeous scarves. I saw the floods on the news. I don't know if I could go through that year after year. Have fun with the baby projects. I'm still finding things to make.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

You got in on the knitting up the scarves too huh? Maybe I better make a trip to the yarn shop too.... ;^)

Annemiek said...

Hope you'll keep your feet dry :)
Nice scarf: saw that yarn at a craft market the other day but didn't pay attention.
When is the baby due???