..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Friday, October 28, 2011

Some Wonky Bits Show and Tell...

 It was quite the frosty and foggy morning yesterday! We were all late with getting to our quilt gathering due to this, but we all got there safe and sound...
 The sky was clear and sun was shining when we left, so that was good...

Here are some Wonky Bits Show & Tell finishes for you to enjoy...

This is Lp's Scrappy Hexagons quilt. All pieced by hand, and then machine quilted. 
 It was a great grab and go project, and Lp spent many hours on it over the summer at her cottage/trailer... Looking good L!
I need to catch up with mine now!!!

This is Pg's beauty! Love the fabrics (mostly batiks), and the look of this pattern. Pg has such a good eye for color arrangement...
 Here is Pg's end result from Bonnie Hunter's "Roll Roll, Cotton Boll" mystery project. 
 P really enjoys a good mystery... Especially Bonnie's. She is looking forward to the next one that is coming up sometime soon...

Here is a close up of the quilting, done by a local longarm quilter. Looks wonderful...
Pg herself does an awesome job of
machine quilting on her home machine,
on smaller projects, such as the quilt below...
 
 This was Pg's "leaders and enders" project with scrappy red 9-Patches. She then set them with light and green backgrounds, and found the perfect border to bring it all together...

Just thought I'd share some of
my friends' wonderful talents...

I best get some more of my PhDs done soon too (though I am enjoying creating more. lol...). I think I will indeed be taking a couple of my quilts to that new longarm quilter that Pg has been bringing her quilts too...

Happy stitching and have a great weekend!

Myra

PS: If you have any trouble opening up the Mystery PDF files, do let me know...

3 comments:

Marie-José H said...

Such pretty quilts. I love the one with the circles.

Hazel said...

Love them all ,you have some very talented friends .

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow.....they are all fantastic,