..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mini Design Board...

 I've seen mini design boards made on other blogs, and I thought this was a great idea! Thus I set out to make one today...

I took a piece of foam-board, a hot glue-gun, and a piece of batting cut 3 inches bigger than the board, and walla! You have a design board!!!
I took pieces for one block from my large design wall, placed them on my new mini design board...
...and carried over to my sewing machine...
Time to change to another thread color, 
and get stitching...

Perhaps this may be a helpful tool for you
in your sewing room too...
----------------------------------

 I was too lazy to clear off my ironing-board (just don't know how it gets all piled up with things? No clue!! LOL), so I was using this little pressing tool. Not the best option when pressing quite a few seams...
Then I recalled I had bought this mini iron...way back when...and had never used it, so thought that today was a good day to try it out...
I was surprized at how hot it got, and it works pretty good...for someone that is too lazy to get out of her chair today!! LOL...

As I was sewing today, I finally saw the whole movie "Fiddler on the Roof" on the TV, from start to finish... I've only seen bits and pieces before... Now to do some research...

Happy stitching...
Myra

11 comments:

corina said...

I need to make one of those. The pieces of my block magically turn themselves the wrong way around in the few steps from the design wall to the sewing machine!

Needled Mom said...

Great idea!!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Hi Myra! I love the small design board idea, and the new look of your blog! You've been a busy lady!

MGM

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love my small design boards for carrying blocks to my machine~ I have about a half dozen of them now, so I can sew more than one block before getting up. LOL Who is lazy here? ;-) Have a happy week!

Joanne said...

Great little design board.

Ellen said...

Great idea! I often get my little block pieces disoriented when moving them to my sewing machine. This would certainly solve that problem.

Marie-José H said...

Such a designboard looks really handy. I should ask my DH:-0

Peggy said...

Love that little design board - a friend made two similar, but they're actually pressing boards as well (just add a layer of tin foil underneath and voila) - makes for a dual purpose board! Gotta do one of those!

Brenda said...

I LVE your new design board!! And an idea for you for that mini iron - use a coffe cup to hold it in. It gets bloody hot, and the coffee cup keeps it in check where you won't accidently touch it!!! Make sure the cup is solid enough that it won't tip over, or, have it securly tipped over with the hot end in it and that will keep you safe!!!
Love this post!!!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

I love your mini design board. I just might have to make one of those!

Riel Nason said...

Hi Myra, I surfed in from WIp Wednesday ... I like "Quilting forever, housework whenever" LOL.